Underwriter, Group Insurance Underwriting (6 months contract)
Contract Role, Singapore
- To assess applications for all lines of businesses offered by the Company and to accept risk in line with the Company’s medical underwriting standards.
- To provide recommendations on exclusions and premium loading applicable for each insured member.
- Perform life and medical underwriting according to underwriting guidelines and update decision in system.
- Generate underwriting letters to communicate decision to customers within turnaround time.
- Generate reminders for all pending cases.
- Liaise with reinsurers for applications of sum assureds above approval and treaty limits.
- Assist in enquiries on underwriting issues and review appeals cases.
- Issue underwriting endorsements in relations to the medical conditions of members.
- Liaise with DTC customers on the phone or email on underwriting requirements and decisions.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing for system enhancement projects.
- Any other ad hoc tasks or projects, eg payment of medical expenses, filing, policy issuance matters, customer enquiries.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Diploma/ degree holder with at least 3 to 5 years of medical underwriting experience in life/health
- Industry-wide recognized certificate(s) of insurance studies preferred
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of Group Asia system will be an advantage.